Where can I work?
The arts in therapy/counselling student is able to work with various target groups and in different work settings. The following are possible work fields, products and supplementary and auxiliary services that an art therapist/counsellor can offer:
- Primary Care: independent practice; possible affiliation with a GP practice, therapy centre, health centre or psychotherapy practice.
- Mental health care: psychiatry, substance abuse recovery, psychotherapeutic clinic, prevention programme.
- Special Needs centres.
- Care of the elderly: geriatric nursing homes.
- Education and youth care: primary school, secondary school, college of further education, child therapy centre, special education.
- Terminal Care and bereavement.
- Prison service, probation, rehabilitation.
- Asylum centres and refugee work.
- Hospitals, hospices, respite centres.
- Convalescent homes, rehabilitation centres and facilities for those with acquired brain injury or physical impairment.